Knowledge is Power! Hearing Dynamics wants to provide you with the most up to date knowledge about hearing healthcare and hearing aids. We want you to have the ability to make decisions about hearing healthcare that deliver the products and care you need at an affordable price.
We follow Best Practices when treating you, and we dispense the very best “unlocked” hearing aids. This ensures you receive quality hearing healthcare and hearing aids for your particular hearing loss.
Audiologist vs. Hearing Instrument Specialist
The primary differences between an audiologist and a hearing instrument specialist are their level of training and scope of practice. Audiologists have either a master’s degree or doctorate in the field of audiology (a total of 6 – 8 years of higher education) along with an extensive amount of training in matters relating to the ear. By contrast, hearing instrument specialists primarily have on-the-job training in a less formal setting.
The scope of practice is another consideration, for while both professions work with hearing aids, audiologists have a significantly larger wealth of knowledge. Dispensers are trained strictly in hearing evaluations for the purpose of fitting hearing aids, while audiologists are trained for full diagnostic evaluations of the patient’s entire auditory system, from the outer ear to the brain.
Rebranded Hearing Aids
Locally Owned & Operated vs. Franchises
The Right Questions to Ask Before Purchasing Hearing Aids
- Are you an audiologist or a hearing instrument specialist?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- Do you sell multiple brands of hearing aids?
- Are your hearing aids “locked” or can another local office make programming changes to them?
- Are your hearing aids labeled with the major manufacturer’s names?
- Do you schedule aftercare appointments for as long as I own the hearing aids?
- Is the business locally owned and operated and decisions made at the local level?
I really like my new aids. I hear things that I’ve never heard before. I wasn’t able to hear the telephone before, but now I can hear the high pitches of the music on the car radio. I would highly recommend Hearing Dynamics to anyone!