Best Hearing Aid Batteries
Hearing aid batteries are an important maintenance item when taking care of your hearing aids. Finding the best hearing aid batteries for your device is easy especially here at Hearing Dynamics. We carry a full assortment of high quality batteries for hearing aids, and we are your premier provider of hearing aid batteries in Sierra Vista.
Batteries For Hearing Aids
We field a lot of questions about batteries for hearing aids. Your hearing aid needs a steady power source from a superior battery to work well. Proper use and care of your batteries is very important to maintaining a quality sound from your hearing aid. Please take a few minutes and view this educational video about batteries for hearing aids.
Hearing Aid Batteries – Do’s & Don’ts
The typical size 312 disposable battery will give you approximately 5-7 days of battery life. While this may seem like a short time, remember that this tiny battery needs to power a tiny computer that is constantly processing sound.
Disposable hearing aid batteries are often called Zinc-Air batteries. The primary chemical substance in disposable hearing aid batteries is zinc and when you remove the sticker/tab from the back of the battery, air mixes with the zinc creating an electrical charge. This 1.45 volts is strong enough to power your hearing aids.
What will affect battery life?
1. Severity of hearing loss
2. Battery size
3. Amount of time worn per day
4. Accessories used with your hearing aid
What NOT to do with batteries for hearing aids?
1. Do not store in the refrigerator
2. Do not store open packages of batteries with other metals or batteries
3. Do not leave them near pets or children
4. Do not ingest them!!!
What to look for in a battery?
1. Fresh batteries – hearing aid clinics typically have the freshest batteries.
2. Size – your hearing aid will use a specific sized battery which is color coded
3. Milliamp hours – this measures the capacity of the battery, however it is not the best measure of battery life
4. Cost – The least expensive battery is not always the best
Be prepared to try several different battery brands to find the one that works best with your hearing aids and lifestyle.
If you prefer not to use disposable batteries, you can convert your existing hearing aids to Silver-Zinc batteries with a Z-Power conversion kit. Just ask your hearing care provider at Hearing Dynamics.
Wonderful service. I’d recommend to anyone that’s in or around Sierra Vista looking for affordable reliable hearing aid service.
SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
1 in 14 Generation Xers already have hearing loss!Contact Hearing Dynamics for your free hearing examination by our audiologist.Call (520) 378-1212 or complete and submit our Appointment Request today!